News Ticker

Style Spring Rolls - Cambodian

By Unknown - No Comments
Style Spring Rolls - Cambodian
When I went back to work after my son was born, I was the luckiest mother alive to find a pediatrician's family for his day care. I know, amazing, right? A charitable organization placed several Cambodian women with them to help care for the babies and the toddlers. I never had a moment's hesitation or sense of guilt when I dropped off my boy in the morning. He was surrounded by loving women, some of whose gifts may have been enhanced by the lack of a language barrier with infants.

Each spring we had a great pot-luck picnic in a local park for all staff, children, and families. To this day among my brightest memories is the Cambodian ladies' spring rolls. These quiet, gentle women, who had probably been making them most of their lives, giggled among themselves as they watched us fall on their rolls. It mattered not what anyone else brought to share. The spring rolls were the hit of the party, and the first food to vanish. They were my first experience of rice paper wrappers, and where I learned to be unafraid of searingly hot flavors because they were balanced by opposite flavors and textures: the sweet, the tart, the spicy, the bright, the crunchy, the tender.

The dipping sauce is my own. One can never have too many mangos. But the rolls are as close to those I remember as I've been able to get over the years. Those ladies were instrumental in my culinary education before I realized how deeply I longed for one. (less) - boulangere
More info please Click Here

Tags:

No Comment to " Style Spring Rolls - Cambodian "